Given the impact of COVID amongst our comnmunities, alongside the resurgence of Black Lives Matter protests and discussions, Fearless Youth Association, Mojatu Foundation, The Primary, Nottingham Trent University, GAIN Diaspora, Nottingham City Homes, and Nottingham Equal have put together Creative Media Packs to distribute across communities in Nottingham to celebrate Black history, culture and identity.
The aim of these packs is:
- To empower and celebrate communities
- To enable other communities to understand Black and New Emerging communities better
- To spread awareness of the complex and diverse range of Black history
- To encourage creativity and
- To celebrate identity and social cohesion.
Our Black Identity packs contain images and creative media contents and competitions with hard copies, online and mobile device participation coupled with online based response and engagement platform.
We are offering you the chance to display your creativity on our online exhibit, celebrating what your blackness means to you.
The aim of this exhibit is for you to share your thoughts and feelings about identity
This long-term exhibition gives us an opportunity to discover people think about their black identity.
The exhibition presents:
- A booklet explaining some articles about “My Black Identity”
- Postcards, drawings, included in the packs for people to be creative
- A music playlist for people to learn
- Drawings from the amazing Waruga Ann that people can recreate/paint/colour.
We have a wide selection of different activities that people could engage and be creative.
Watch and read some of the articles, audios and inspirational figures.
Receive e-mail updates on our exhibitions, events, and more